Wednesday 19 August 2009

Yoga is good for you

I have just realised I didnt post about food last night. Thats becasue yesterday evening my mind was suddenly full of Edna and her problems having found out she is being discharged next Monday. It should have been tomorrow but someone is watching over me! So that took my mind off food and exercise.

OK food yesterday went great - until yesterday evening. I ate slowly, I didnt eat all my lunch, I ate all my dinner but finshed after Tony, I had drunk plenty of water. It was going great until the chocolate biscuits came out. And it was me that got them out. I didnt binge - but I wasnt really hungry. And to cap it all I had a couple of chocolates too.

But I didnt binge, I didnt totally abandon the rules. I ate the biscuits slowly . My visit to Edna got quite emotional. I wasn't conscious of walking away with a chocolate craving - but I geuss at a subconscious level I did.

This morning I feel tired and a bit stiff. I I woke feeling very hungry and thirsty. I couldn't face the idea of going out for a walk and even my 10 10 10 routine felt a bit too much. So I went back to yoga. I got reasonable scores considering its been weeks since I did any. Then I did 2 reps of step plus and then called it a day - well at least until this evening. There is always free step time while watching TV

Despite feeling hungry I am not wolfing down my breakfast at double speed. I am drinking. I had a glass of water first thing and I now have a mug of coffee.

Eating slowly this morning is a total triumph in my opinion - and I think it shows it is now becoming a habit. It isnt yet at the subconcious level. It isnt automatic (roll on the day that it is) but it issoemthing I feel impelled to do.

I\m not going to try and think of a new habit to add until after the weekend. Or maybe until after Edna has been home a week or two. It is going to be difficult when she comes home. Keeping the status quo is mt most practical goal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yoga is very good for you. I am looking forward to getting home and doing a class. They have classes here but none are in English