Monday 10 August 2009

The benefits of serotonin

Serotonin is a wonderful chemical. We all feel better when wh have enough of it around. It has been scientifically proved to be released when we eat chocolate, and when we exercise. It can a,so be triggerred during meditation and I think yesterday I got a major serotonin high at the psychic development workshop. I also came home with a headache. which has now receeded thankfully, but I am starting this week full of god resolutions

I did my then ten ten workout. I clocked up over 2800 virtual k on the jogging, and (allowing for steps not counted) I clocked up over 1200 steps on the free step. Add in the 672 steps from 2 reps of the step plus (I calculated from the points at the end) and the minimum of 1200 steps I will take getting too and from the care and I can safely day I will clock up over 6000 steps today with no difficulty at all.

I checked my pulse immediately after the jogging and immediatley after the free step. Afer the joggin it was over 100 and after the free setp it was still around 100 so I reckon I can count todays routine as cardio.

I have had a healthy breakfast, but am still hungry - and thirsty.It was a smallish breakfast so I will have somethign else to eat and wacxh it down with some apple juice - which will be my third drink of the day.

The day is off to a good start - and I am going to keep things positive today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound so much better than a couple of weeks ago - it's really great :)