Wednesday 12 August 2009

Rule 3 ' Eat slowly '

I have really concentrated on this today. I've alos been trying much harder to 'tune in' as beyond chocolate would say and work out if I am hungry or not.

I feel I've made a good attempt at this today. I ate much less lunch than I expected. I felt hungry on the way home so I slowly ate some finger food I had with me. I RESISTED THE LURE OF THE BISCUIT BARREL WHEN I HAD MY WELCOME HOME DRINK.

It all fell apart a bit with dinner tho. I was very hungry when I ate and although I concentrated on eating slowly I had a job. I also ate everything on my plate BUT I was still hungry

I was in 'post hospital visit' mode - and it was a stressful visit. (Memo to self I must use one of the meditation techniques I was taught on Sunday before I visit Edna. It will keep me calmer) I didnt come out with a chocolate craving and I still haven't hit the biscuit barrel. However coffee is on te way and I am still hungry.

Some of the girls were discussing their weight watchers diet at work today. There is no point is telling them about Paul;s methd or Beyond Chocolate. They wouldn't beleive me. But I felt sorry for them. Me I had a small - VERY small piece of the choclate cake that had been left in the tea room, ate it slowly, enjoyed it and walked away feeling quite content. Thats better than ANY diet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally I remember feeling sad for my sister and mum who kept struggling with diet after diet. I bought my sister a copy of beyond chocolate and my mum a copy of ICMYT. This was almost 4 years ago and they are both no slimmer and still dieting yet I can't expect them to have faith in the books I sent when I have not been able to find success with intuitive eating (on the outside) either. It's hard to explain the emotional benefits to them