Wednesday 12 August 2009

Keeping the balance

The easiest way to identify what our heart wants is to examine the feelings that surface when we relate to that subject. Do you find solace when picking up your journal to write a daily reflection? Does time spent with your family thrill you to tears? What feelings arise when you chase down the things that make your heart flutter? True happiness comes when we routinely engage in positive activities that we love. Take a look at your life as a whole. Pursue the things that make you feel alive and fill you with joy and healthy balance.

The above reflection is in essence what CYLI7D does. It helps you identify who 'you' truly are and what makes 'you' truly fulfilled and happy. I truly enjoy writing.In my head I am always writing books. Getting paid for writing is another matter. In my imagination one one my blogs gets published. Reality is another matter. I do need to earn a living

It is important to keep a balance. I think I have let my health plans get a bit out of balance. I am not losing wieght. I did a body test before my workout today. It said I had put on a 1lb and needed to lose 7 lbs to reach my goal. I did another test afterwards and it said I had lost a pound and needed to lose 6lb to reach mu goal.

That does graphically illustrate how your weight can vary - but it is clear I am not loosing weight , I have been focusing on exercise. I think I am doing well with that. I did my 10 10 10 routine today an despite aching from yesterdays walk to Northfield, I didn't struggle with it. I was confident I could complete it.

So I think I need to focus on food now. then maybe the wieght will start to shift. If I am honest I know what I need to focus on. Eating slowly and stopping before I am full.

Watch this space

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to use my pregnancy to incorporate Pauls rules into my life without stressing about losing weight - I know is a good time to do it....I am finding it hard to get started though