Saturday 1 August 2009

Just the tonic I needed

I have booked 2 holidays this morning - and the euphoria I feel is fantastic. I hadn't realised how much I needed a holiday. We are going to Cornwall in November and to Scotland in the first week of March - which means I will be on holiday for my birthday. 5 star accommodation courtesy of the holiday club we joined. I am really looking forward to both breaks .

I solved the conundrum of whether I was hungry and what I wanted. I went out to do some of the shopping etc and when I came home I made myself some porridge. I had a smallish bowl and ate it fairly slowly - but sloppy food like that is tricky to eat really slowly. But it was JUST what I wanted. 2 hours later I am hungry again - but it is real hunger and I want something crunchy. The texure of food is so important to me.

I wil go and see Edna this afternoon, and do the rest of the shopping on the way home.

For excercise I have been rushing round the shops and banks this morning, but that isnt enough. It is wet grey and rainy today so dont feel like a walk in the park - and in anycase I feel I need the flexibilty to stop if I need to after 10 minutes - soo I will be using the Wiifit later.

I really DO feel positive today - for the first time in a several days (weeks maybe??) Things feel as if they are finally going my way for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay - that sounds fantastic Sally.

I find I am hungry every two hours, sometimes less