Thursday 6 August 2009

Work was dreadful

We have had about 6 new pharmacists start at the hospital. 4 of them have only just qualified and none of them know our systems or processes. So they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. It is also the time when a lot of new doctors start - and of course none of them know the systems or processes - or the computerised prescribing system. So more than the ususal number of presacriptions need to be queried -if you can find the doctor which is tricky because switchboard dont have a list of names and bleep numbers yet. So into this mix throw a crisis whihc meant a lot of exra patients needed discharge medication supplied dso we got swamped with work.

I was SO glad to leave at 4,00 today. I felt like a rat on the Titanic - but it was wonderful to feel no-one could moan about it.

I am tired, I only did 20 minutes of the Wiifit this morning (freestepping) and I dont feel like doing any more tonight. From work I went shopping, then to the hospital and didn't get home until 7.00. Then the shopping had to be put away. Tony had done dinner and mine was in the microwave so I didnt have to cook.

Food was going well until after dinner - I have succumbed to biscuits and I wasnt hungry. I now feel somewhat bloated.

I also feel emotional because today I got the 'adoption' pack from the donkey sanctuary that Mum supported. I re-adopted one of her donkeys in memory of her. And I have shed a few tears.

I didnt sleep well last night - I hope I sleep better tonight. But depsite the fact that I have a lot on my plate - I dont have the feeling thast I really MUST have a quiet day or a day off work. So something is improving

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Sally. now that I have gotten over the shock I am actually really excited about giving up the weight loss worries and the scales. Pregnancy is the one time in my life where I don't stress about food and I tend to naturally fall into Pauls method. I normally only gain a small amount so I am hoping that food wise this will happen to me this time.

Anonymous said...

mmmm chocolate teapot ;) I had a giggle at that comment.

donkey adoption? Where is that from? I had never seen a donkey since we moved here, are they not treated well? It's nice to carry on with something that meant a lot to your mum.