Monday 17 August 2009

Ready for a break

I only have to work 4 days this week. On Friday we are off to Pendle and I can't wait. I am SO ready for a break.

Yesterday was a bad day. A disagreement with Glenn left a bad taste in my mouth. And then I managed to upset Edna when I went to the hospital. This healthy reflection is a very timely reminder NOT to gold a grudge against Glenn - and not to stop helping people. I think I needed it. Maybe I also need to remember in relation to Tony's nephew . I would like to think we might see him again one day
Magnifying small sacrifices

How do you treat people who cannot (or choose not to) repay you for the good things that you have done for them? Do you hold a grudge, speak ill of them, or constantly keep score? Think about a homeless man in need of a hot meal, the elderly woman who cannot open the door by herself at the store, or a lost child. Probably none of these individuals could equally compensate you for any sacrifices you make on their behalves. There remains but two choices--help or ignore. Our minds easily jump to putting them out of our minds and going about our days. But imagine the good you could do if you took a small moment of your time or the change out of your pocket. Such a small sacrifice (from your perspective of course), could have a 10-fold positive impact!


Food was almost perfect - just bery unhealthy. I grazed a;; day. We d ecided to have salad for dinner so we always fix our own when we are hungry.

I did also do 30 minutes free step yesterday evening so excercise went OK as well.

This morning I have done 10 minutes step plus and been for a walk in the park. I still have a lot of niggly aches. Slight sciatica in my right leg, slight discimfirt in the back, slight pain in my left achhilles tendon. Jogging is out at the moment. I'll have to find asnother way to do cardia. Maybe the boxing programme? As long as I am getting excercise thats the main thing.

Tuning in Physical - see above, Emotion nervous and I am not sure why. Thought /Question Are my physical problems an indication I am doing too much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you think it's your body telling you to take a rest? Well you will be this Friday. I hope you have a great time and if the aches and pains stop you will know that it just means it's time to slow down a bit