Friday 7 August 2009

Giving it some 'umph'

The motivational thought on Sparkpeople for August is ' The difference between try and triumph is a bit of 'umph'

I decided I was going to put some umph into excercise and aim for 30 minutes a day - minimum 30 minutes 3 times a week.

I felt the ten ten ten workout would be a good route to do this. And I think I was right. This morning I did the ten ten ten workout and got record scores on both the jogging and freestep. Over 2.6 virtual K on the jogging and over 1300 on the free step. Counting the steps in the step plus and the 1200 steps I know I take to get from the car to the department and back again by 10.00 I will have done at least 5500 steps.

Add in the fact that the workout left me breathless I reckon it counts as a bot of cardio as well.

I feel this week has been a triumph for excercise. I can say with confidence' Mr McKenna I have moved my body '

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post and love the thought of giving it some umph. I am starting a walking program tomorrow. I was going to continue running but only 3x 30 minutes a week but I have decided not to do anything that could risk losing the baby (as I have done in 3 other pregnancies) in the first 12 weeks.