Friday 31 July 2009

Excercise - making progress

I am etting back into a more normal routine at last. I feel more able to get back into my old routine .

This morning I got up fed the cats, made my lunch , made myself a drink and turned on the Wii fit. 10 minutes and 2 goes on Step Plus and I know I have done it - but I did it. Ok the 600 odd steps that represents is a lot less than the 3000 steps I would take on my walk - but I dont have the energy to do te walk AND work at the moment.

Whether it is stress due to Edna's situation, a bug, or just tiredness - and most likely it is a combination of all three - I don't have the energy for a 3K walk and a full day at work at the moment. But I will get back to there at some point. I feel better just for getting back into any sort of excercise.

I didnt sleep that well last night and I do still fel tired this morning. I am also quite hungry. I went to bed very hungry and took a late night snack me with me (3 rice cakes 2 with cheese and one with pate) This feels like real hunger this morning (and gelt like real hunger last night)

I didnt get my lunch ready before I went ot work so bought it from the shop I pass from where I park the car. A samosa an apple and an iced muffin. Not very healthy - and not a sustainable source of energy. So I ate biscuits last naight. 2 at home and 2 at the hospital. Then had salad when I got home. I suspect my hunger was an indication of an inadequately balanced diet. I will try to do better today.

Breakfast includes whole wheat, fruit and fromage frais, lunch is a ham sanwich with lettuce and chutney - and an apple for dessert. Dinner will be - I dont have a clue at the moment - I think I will ask Tony to cook for us as we will be going out just after 7 and its a bit of a rush to get home just before 5 and cook a meal and eat it before 7.00 And its a gaming night so I must be caerful to avoid snacks. As I am running the game and its at Andy's I should be too busy to snack - and can avoid snaking by not taking any food with us when we go. Marion wont offer us anything apart from drinks. So I SHOULD get through today with a reasonably healthy and balanced intake.

But even as I sit here, my mind is reveiwing my 'to do' list for the weekend. Edna's laundry has to be washed and dired and returned to her either tomorrow or Sunday depending on when I got os ee her (or do I got both days?) We have nothing in for sunday lunch so I will need to go shopping - so I need a shopping list to mae sure I get everything that is needed. I want to book a holiday and unless Tony can ring them up today (and he HATES the phone) I will need to do it tomorrow (or maybe today during my lunch break) I need to make sure I am ready to run tongiths game. Steve wants to geta kitten tomorrow so will need me and the car (mind you I volunteered) And that doesnt include the stnadard things like OUR laundry, the decorating, etc. And all this is for my supposed 'days off work'

As I typed my list, I could feel a bit of panic creeping in and decided I needed to get Edna's laundry in now. I then dscovered Tony had done a load of our laundry yesterday -which is now on the dryer. The downside is the dryer is full - so the load I have just put in is going to have to be tumble dried. But hey who cares. Tony may sometimes be so laid back he is horizontal, but when the chips are down he is always there for me and I would be lost without him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony hates the phone? I can so relate to that, we actually don't have a home telephone - it's wonderful. I have a mobile but only Mat has the number.

I am glad your getting back into a more normal routine