Saturday 4 July 2009

The year of first anniversaries

First anniversaries of events can be painful and I am approaching a run of them.

Tomorrow would have been Alan's birthday. Of course he wasnt with us last year - but that was they day we held a barbecue in his memory. Monday would have been Mum's birthday and on the 24th it will be the first aniversary of her death. I've been re-reading my blog entries and its upset me.

Maybe its just as well I have a lot to do to distract me.

It is stupidly early oclock for a Saturday but the cats dont know about weekends. However I am in bad with my laptop, and breakfast contemplating life the universe and everything.

Food went OK yesterday not brilliant but no major disasters. I may not be losing weight - but I'm not piling on the pounds -at least I hope not. Maybe I ought to do a Wiifit body test soon. I havent used the Wiifit for a few days, It has been far too hot to think about excercise in the evenings after work - but it is cooler now so I dont have that excuse. I am seriously thinking abiut going for a walk in a bit. It may be several degrees cooler than yesterday but the sky is blue and clear this morning and the park would be lovely.

And I have been moving my body at work, One day I must wear a step conter at work. Its amazing how easy it is to add extra steps to what I do at work. I am making a concious effort to keep moving. I ertainly spend a fair amount of time standing up at work and that uses more energy than just sitting. there is no way i could be described as 'sedentary' in this job.

I am feeling resentful that I never really get a weekend to just relax - but thats for the other blog because its part of the Edna dimension. But I have to go and get a shower for it to be fittted next week, and Martyn a friend we havent seen for ages is coming to see us today. I have a lot of things buzzing round in my head to do and I need to prioritisw them. I think the house needs to be my top priority at the moment. And house work is great excercise!!

As I hinted at the start of this entry my emotions are a big factor at the moment. I need to deal with my emotions. But above all I need to ackmowledge the emotions and recognise what they are trying to tell me.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Who is standing in your way?

Imagine someone regularly tying small weights around your ankles as you try to climb a mountain. Doesn't sound fair, does it? But that's exactly what you can do to yourself, a little bit at a time, if you don't watch out. When you think of who and what is standing in the way of your dreams, it's easy to forget your own responsibility. Even the best of us can be guilty of unknowingly hurting our own progress. Procrastination, lateness, being disorganized, pessimism, not being honest with yourself, severe self-criticism, downplaying achievements, focusing only on weaknesses while ignoring strengths, keeping goals a secret, demanding perfection, giving up after a small setback--these are all ways you can make it tough to be (and do) your best. Smart systems, the right attitude, and a promise to keep going no matter what will make a world of difference.

Spark people on the button as normal