Tuesday 14 July 2009

A sleepy start

I am an over an hour late getting up today. I have a planned day off work today so when the alrm went off I didnt get up and I dozed off again. I didnt sleep very well so I guess I needed the extra time. But I am stil very sleepy

This morning the most important item on my health agenda is having my blood pressure checked. I dont know what I am going to do if the recommendation is that I need medication. But I will cross that bridge if I come to it

All things considered food and excercise went well yesterday NO BISCUITS. I enjoyed my walk before I went to work. I am considering walking to the doctors - but I really need to scoot straight off from there to do various errands - so I probably wont.

At the moment I dont feel like doing amy excercise at all so I am not going to turn the Wiifit on . I am aware of feeling slightly sick and I know its due to nerves about my check up . Edna's situation is also having an effect on my stomach. So I dont really feel hungry and there is nothing I can think off that I really feel like eating at the moment. Logic tells me I should eat before I got out. I think I need to be sensible and come back here after my appoitnment when I will undoubtedly better. Its fear of the unknown that is affecting me . Good or bad I will know the situation after my appointment and will then be able to eat something hpefully healthy that wil set me up for the tasks I have to do. If I dont eat now and rush aorund this morning I will end up snacking on the worst sort of food.

So I wont do that - and I will walk to the surgery - which means I need to leave fairly soon

Later

Walked there and back (well walking back was the only option once I had walked there lol) and the good news is I have received a clean bill of health for a year! No medication needed and as long as I continue to live a healthy lifestyle (which means keeping up with the excercise) I should be able to stay off medication.

OK the white toast with marmalade I am now eating for breakfast probably isn't the healthiest choice I could have made - but it was what I wanted.

I now have a bisy day ahead - so I must get on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great news about your clean bill of health :) well done.

Hope your feeling less anxious now