Wednesday 29 July 2009

Have I been doing too mucc?

I feel cr@p this morning. Last night I felt slightly shivery and wrapped myself up in a blanket. This morning I feel heavy eyed very tired and slightly snotty (can't think of another word sorry) . I clearly have a slight cold and I hope that is all that it is.

But I do feel VERY tired and I am wondering if I have been trying to do much? Maybe I shouldn't have aimed for walks every morning. Maybe I should have tried to build up gradually. It is typical of me to get really enthusiastic something and go at it hell for leather without really thinking.

I have to decide if I am going to go to work today. I have already decided I am not going for a walk.

Food didn't go as well yesterday as I hoped but I did feel more in control. I ate slower at lunchtime certainly. But I ate dinner too fast. But whatever I ate last night I wouldnt have really enjoyed it - and enjoyment is the key to eating slowly. I certainly dont fancy anything this morning for breakfast, But then I dont really feel hungry.

OK lets 'tune in' as beyond chocolate would say (I've started following them on Twitter)

Body - I feel sluggish ,slight IBS discomfort. Mood - dissappointed and worried. Question - What should I do?

Do about what? Edna, work today, food at the moment, my excercise regimen...........the list could go on and on if I'm honest.

What do I WANT to do at the moment? Not a lot if I'm honest. But am I ill or just tired? I don't have streaming eyes, a really blocked nose and the coughs and sneezes that would be the mark of a real cold . If I am just tired I have to admit it may be self inflicted and review accordingly.

OK I am on a downswing at the moment no doubt. but I will swing up again. I always do. Maybe a review of this blog would be useful to see if I can chart the swings and what triggers them. 'Know thyself' is alwyas good advice.

And I am trying hard to love myself as well

I need to decide how best to love myself today. Go to work and have pride in my earning capacity/ reliability or stay at home and relax ?

Its no contest really. Whatever the cause, I am NOT fit for work today. I think I am running a slight temeperature.

Back to bed I think

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Sally

ps: thanks for the BC twitter note, I have started to follow them too