Monday 27 July 2009

Malt loaf and biscuits

Thats what I was eating yesterday at Glenn's - mainly because that is all that was on offer. I did try to eat them slowly, and I was genuinely hungry. But yestreday really wasn't a good day for food. And because Steve went down with us, we went in the car so I didnt even get the walk in. I did no real excercise yesterday at all.

However this morning I have been for a walk in the park. In fact it was the first thing I did after feeding the cats. So I am off to a reasonable start today.

I am still plagued by emotional hunger. Except I am not so sure it is just emotional. I was describing to a psychic how I am often used as an agony aunt by people. She used an interesting phrase in describing how they can affect ypeople. 'Psychic vampires draining you of energy' That would certainly describe the effect last years events had on me.

But whatever the cause I am aware of hunger a lot of the time at the moment. It has started since Edna's fall and admission. I am also aware of my IBS being more troublesome. Nothing major - just a vague discomfort in my lower abdomen - but it is there all the time.

Undoubtedly this can all be categorised as stress. I just need to find a way to deal with the stress - which may well be easier said than done.

I have no doubt regular walks will help in sorts of ways - so I am going to concentrate on that.

And food? Well I will just try to make sure that when I eat I eat healthy food, and eat it slowly. So I will take lots of healthy snacks into work with me. Fruit and cereal bars are all I have to hand. I will have to try and make sure I have other healthy snack options around for variety.

'Eat when you are hungry' is shorthand for 'listen to what your body is telling you and honour its feelings' Eating when you are hungry is a physical way of showing you love your body (and yourself)

I know Paul's programme works. I am not losing weight at the moment because I am not following the programme. How many times have I commented recently that I am eating too fast? That is the bit I am failing on at the moment. That is what I MUST concentrate on.

And finally.............

No matter how hard you try, no matter how many hours you spend pondering and planning, and regardless of how hard you try, you absolutely cannot please everyone. It is impossible. So do yourself a favor and stop now, before you drive yourself farther toward insanity. There are many drawbacks to being a people-pleaser. A big one is that you often put yourself in a position of subservience. Sometimes you even put yourself last, which helps no one. Remember that helping yourself and doing what you feel is important should be valued. Find worth in your own opinions and viewpoint, and don't let your desire to please others compel you to keep yourself in the background. Falling short of perfection only proves that you are a normal human being.

That DOES make me feel better

No comments: