Saturday 25 July 2009

The weekend

Its 8.00a, on Saturday and I am looking forward to not going to work. Doesn't mean I am not going to be busy though. But at least it is is busy-ness of my own choosing.

This morning I feel quite sluggish. I also feel fat with a capital F. I'm not sure why because food wasn't too bad yesterday in terms of Paul's golden rules. But it was less good in terms of eating healthily. I also had a bad self image moment when I realised Rob - and friend of ours who has had a BIG weight problem - now weighs less than me. I know I am not making any progress on losig weight at the moment. I am too scared to step on the scales or Wii fit becasue a weight gain would be totally destroyng. But I am not going to get back on track by ignoring the problem.

I have received the same message recently from a large number of sources - slow down, you can't do everything. I know I need to take that advice - but I dont know how to do that and loose weight at the same time.

My emotions are in control of me and my eating at the moment. If I can deal with the emotional issues the eating will get back on track and I will start to lose weight again.I have just eaten breakkast - and I still feel hungry. It is gnawing emotional hunger - I know its not real. I just can't find te right way to deal with it at the moment.

My main emotion is worry about how I can do everything I 'need' to do. I also feel I am failing at things when I do them. I need to get some perspective on that, and that is what I am going to concentrate on today.

No comments: