Friday 10 July 2009

Who am I?

This philosophical question has been prompted by the pestering of both the cats wich has been going on since just past 5.00 this morning. But it is also prompted by the fact that I am slightly in 'rabbit in the headlights' mode feeling I have so much to do.

I had the laptop in bed as I used it to listen to Kelly Howell last night so I have decided to use the time to do some blogging since I am refusing on principal to get up before the alarm goes off.

Who I am defines what I have to do. So I am the pharmacist and breadwinner, the mother, the partner, the carer, the only driver in the family, the person trying to keep mind and body healthy. Oh and the person who has to feed the cats in the morning!

My 'to do' list at the moment includes getting tiles for the bathroom, shopping for us and Edna, clothes shopping for the wedding on the 18th, sorting out my tax situation now I am no longer employed by the NHS, chasing up why my the mobile phone that should have arrived yesterday didnt arrive, and getting ready for the game tonight that I am running. Plus I would like to find time to help Steve with his garden.

Food went OK yesterday, excercise went OK as well. I am still not eating as slowly as I would like - but my portions yesterday were smaller.

I am not sure if I am going to do a body test today or not. I dont know if I have the energy to go out for a walk or not. I will use the wii fit this morning though.

I feel today is not having a good start. I just hope it will get better.

I just found this from Spark people. It is very apt for how I feel today

Often our days are busied with worry, stress, complaining, work, and a general wasting of time. Once we finally realize the value of our time, often for many of us it is too late. While your life might seem like a long time in the midst of it, truly it is a blink of an eye. Today, make more time to be present in your life. Even small moments--enjoying a cup of tea, calling a friend, reading a favorite book--should be enjoyed. Restructure your day so that you can get all of your work done, but allow for extra time to be spent on personal matters. Stop procrastinating!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally that sounds exhausting! :( I wish you had more time for yourself