Monday 13 July 2009

Getting into a new routine

With Edna in hospital I have to get a new routine established. OI've already told Tony to sort himself out with dinner tonight and that I will eat when I come in from seeing Edna.

Food and excercise went OK yesterday. The memory of the pleasure I got from the walk yesterday will I hope motivate me to take a walk this morning - not as long a walk though.

I had fun with dinner yesterday. I did a roast for the first time in weeks using up some beef I had in the freexer and the organic vegetables I had delivered. I even made a pudding - rhubarb crumble. My portion of dinner was quite small and I didnt eat it all. I did eat quite a bit of the crumble tho. Steve ate with us yesterday which was nice.

I do feel motivated by the wieght loss recorded by the Wiifit. I have never really been an obsessive weigher. I wonder if Paul's 'no weigh-ins' rule is aimed at the obssesives? I think the whole of Paul's programme is meant to get you thinking in a new way about food excercise and weight loss and to find the way that works for you. I find the graph very helpful so I think I DO need regular weigh ins - maybe twice a week at the moment. I didnt do a body test today but did do some muscle excercises

All in all I feel cautiously positive about things and I dont think the current crisis is going to cause me to pile on the pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go thru stages where I am okay weighing regularly and it doesn't affect my eating but there are times where the numbers do my head in and I am prone to binge eating after weighing in