Saturday 18 July 2009

Afternath of a hospital visit

I have just got back from visiting Edna and it was very upsetting (see other blog) As I drove home I became aware of the desire to OD on chocolate.

So far I have managed food well today. I made time specifically to have some lunch while I was doing the shopping. I realised I was hungry so I went into the cafe at the supermarket and had a decaf cappuccino with `a sweetener, a tuna panini and and a very chocolaty homey bake cake (small portion) I couldnt eat all the panini and half of it is still in my bag. I savoured every morsel of the cake and throughly enjoyed it.

I didnt feel hungry when I was driving home from the hospital so I know the desire for chocolate was emotional. I have put awy the shopping, am about to make a drink, and have had one (and only one) chocolate eclairt sweet whihc I have sucked and savoured. That seems to have laid the demon and I am fairly confident I will not be OD'ing on choclate or anything else really really unhealthy. But I AM peckish and I am going to have something to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done for recognising the trigger and not giving in to emotional eating