Thursday 23 July 2009

Stamina

This is my real problem at the moment - a lack of stamina. I start the day full of bounce normally, with great plans and good intentions. This morning I have been for a walk round the lake. I counted my steps (how OCD!) and my regular route is just a shade under 3000 steps. So only 7000 more to fit in to make the 10,00 steps a day target. (in my dreams!) I do quite a few at work. I reckon I must easily do 3000 at work.

Fit to the finish yesterday showed me I was on the right route by sticking to my walking every day. Now if only I can keep control of my eating.

Yesterday was a bad food day. I didn't binge- but I didn't eat healthily. I have just had breakfast - eaten slowly - and I am still hungry. I KNOW its emotional though. But I can't see a way to defuse the emotions

I got so frustrated last night. I have a flat pack cupboard for the bathroom - and I can't put it together. I am normally OK with flat packs but this one has me defeated. I also got very crabby at work. I can normally juggle several issues at once but at the moment I can't.

I am depressed about how I am feeling. My emotions are in control of me at the moment and I can't find the way to get back in control of them. I guess all I can do stay focussed on the big issues and hope the details sort themselves out.

Later

How timely and apt was this healthy reflection?

Breaking the world's control over your emotions

A lot in our past can be chalked up to inexperience, youth, and happenstance. But now, as an adult, you must claim your choices and their consequences as your own. Negative attitudes affect your life by creating cynicism, a pessimistic outlook, and often a lack of confidence. Take note of the ways you are escaping responsibility for your attitude. Do you continually blame situations, friends and family, or life in general for your poor mindset? The world has influence, without a doubt, but growing into a mature person means taking control of your emotions and attitude. Own them!


I guess I do won them. I am not blaming anyone else for them. I just cant see how to deal with them. Maybe tomorrows reflection will give me a clue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I can relate to the counting OCD bit

I love the fit to the finish blog, she is so inspirational