Friday 4 July 2008

Two posts a day?

It may seem ecessive but I find it useful. I can clarify my thoughts as I make my morning entry. And recording how I feel at the beggining of the day put my entry later into perspective. Also my previous McKenna training (Change your life in 7 days) trained me to plan the day ahead as I want it to go. Thats probably one reason why when I take that first loo in a mirror, I can nearly always see something positive. Also one insight from this morning is that the 'I can make you thin' programme is also about helping you to accept yourself as you are, while instilling healthier eating habits.

This morning I found myself considering why I hae a weight problem. I do know the good nutrion rules better than most. I throughly enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables. But I know I have eaten too large protions, and I have eaten too many crips and biscuits. If I can learn to listen to my bodies 'full'signal I will eat smaller portions (and this is already happening) . The crips and biscuits are emotional eating - and there is no dout at the moment there are a large number of issues payng havoc with my emotionas and making large demands on my emotional equilibrium. So I think I need to concentrate on my emotional needs.

Undoubtedly my job situation is a large part of the emotional stress I am under. I have now been back at work for one week. And already I have developed a new pain (right shoulder) that I can directly attribute to work (reaching up to put the paperwork in the trays on top of the pigeonholes).

Tday I am going to go in early and clear my e-mail box. I think that will provide some useful insights into whether working at BWH is a realistic option. But I MUST keep an open mind.

However Yvonne made an off the cuff comment that I have been unable to forget. She took the 'retire for one day' option and says its the best thing she ever did. She says she is enjoying her life NOW becasue you can't take it with you. Steve doesn't need a legacy from me apart from the house so I don't need to have any guilt about using MY money for MY benefit.

No comments: