Wednesday 2 July 2008

Know your limits

That is the lesson I leant today. I overdid it yesterday - and paid for it today. Walking both ways was not such a good idea after all.

OK first things first. How did I manage the food issue today? Lets do Mr McKenna's check lict

I listened to the CD - check
I ate when I was hungry - check . I still had some problems with nervous hunger but not as bad as yesterday
I what I wanted. - and the piece of flapjack was WONDERFUL!!! check
I ate conciously - check.
I stopped when I was full - check
I drank water - lots of it. I keot a mug of water on the bench at work check
I moved my body - well as much as could (see later in teh post for more about this)
I did the mirror excersise .....well sort of.

S overall I feel I did well with food today. I know I am eating smaller portions, and my con sumtion of biscuits has droped drastically. I've also realised that eating what I want not what I think I should have means eating bread instead of crispbreads most of the time. I really enjoy bread. Crackers and crisbreads still have a place - with cheese and pate mainly. But I will never again take crispbreads for my lunch as work.

I would love to feel full of energy - as per the guru's predictions for following this programme - but I know there are other factors affecting this.

Work went OK up to a point. I was rostered to be there from 11.30 - 2.00. I got there about 9.30 full of enthusiasm and good intentions. But despite sitting down as much as I could my back and leg began to remind me they have issues! And I felt really tired too so I gave up at 1.30.

So no more walking both ways - and for the moment I will stick to the 3 hours of work I know I can cope with.

So the physical side of work was a problem. The clincial and professional side went well. I enoyed talking to patients at the hatch, I was able to advise junior pharmacists, I still have knowledge in my head that I can use. I can still function as a pharmacist in some capacity. I have no intention of trying to decide in what capacity at this stage.

I thoroughly enjoyed my after work trip to Rachel's - and a truly scrumptious tuna bagel. It was great to get such an affectionate from the boys as well. Thanks Rachel. You're a real friend hun xxx

No comments: