Thursday 24 July 2008

An addicition???

Blogger was down last night when I went to post. I really missed it and I'm glad its back this morning. Tis bloging lark is definitely addicitive. Imnd you if it IS, then would be a likely sufferer as I do like writing.

Anyway yesterday didn't do as badly as it could have done - but definitely wasn't a shining success. The gnawing hunger of yesterday morning did abate, but I couldn't resist some comfort eating, although I did eat everything conciously. It really has been a long time since I ate anything quickly - even a biscuit. Overall my consumtion of biscuits is still WAY done, I haven't eaten crisps for days, and haven't treated myself to a choclate bar for weeks. The days when I could buy a triple Bounty bar and eat all three while waiting for the bus to Selly Oak have totally gone. My portion sizes are still smaller than they used to be so taken as a whole I am still doing OK. Yesterday was a blip. Certainly today I am NOT feeling hungry yet so haven't eaten anyhting desite the fact that I really want some Ibuprofen and won't take them on an empty stomach. I need to time my Ibuproefen to when I have eaten - not eat soemthing becasue I need Ibuprofen as I did last night.

Talking of Ibuprofen, I am needing more painkillers. Yesterday I was starting to get marked twinges in my back, so I left about 4.00. I decided not to risk twinges becoming shooting pains. I had to take painkillers at work as well. First time I've had to that for a long time.

So how did I do with dealing with yesterdays list of stresses? Well I contacted every friend who is spiritual in any way and aksed for prayers for Mum and Jane. This meant Denise and I are back in contact and I now have her e-mail address. She had lost my new mobile number and didn't recognise my number when I texted her. She was genuinely pleased to learn it was me contacting her. I dodn't hear anything from Jane yesterday so I suppose no news is good news.

Today Steve and I are going to take the next steps to securing his estate - sending leters of administration to the many and varios people who need them. That will be a wieght off my mind. If things go well with lloyds today he may even get access to 20,000 in which case I may suddenly no longer have an overdraft. I know his priority will be to pay me what he owes me.

This morning I am going to draft loads of letters for him so all he has to do is approve them, print them off and sign them. He has no idea how to word a formal letter. I will do it THIS time then he will learn so next time he can do it himself. Unless he formally asks me to look after that side of things for him - be a sort of secretary. Bottom line is he is only 19 and a student. He doesn't have the time or the experience to do a lot of the stuff he needs to do in relation to the house. But I must resist the tempation to become an interfering mother , and I must resist coddling him. In the end its his house, his business and I don't to force him to involve us (me and Tony) in the business. I think he wants us involved - but our roles need to be defined the way HE wants.

I am really looking forward to this break from work. I don't go back until Monday. My back will be glad of the rest. I am looking forward to re;axing, doig what I want , and really looking forward to going over to Rachel's tonight :-)

No comments: