Thursday 10 July 2008

Hard work does pay off

Today I have had a massive confidence boost! We went to the probate office today to sort out Steve's father's estate. There was no will so we had to go though the intestacy forms. which we did without any rifessional help. As Steve was the only heir, and the estate fairly simple, it didn't seem worth aying anyone to sort it out. So today we had the formal interview when Steve swore an affidavit that the information he (we) had supplied was correct. In two weeks we will get the letters of administration and Steve can claim the house and the money. I worked out that a professional executor would have charged us around 5000.00. I'd rather Steve had the 5000.0 to spend on the house thank you very much.

So I feel VERY good that I did that all on my own really.

So how have I got on with Paul's programme today? Well I haven't listened to the tape but I've realised I seem to have reached the tipping point with eating slowly and conciously. Its easier to do it than not to so it now so I guess I'm doing something right. I conciously and slowly chewed and enjoyed 2 ginger biscuits this afternoon - but the majority of my food has been healthy and my dinner portion was smaller than I would hav eaten 2 weeks ago.

I'm back at work tommorrow. We'll see hwo it goes

No comments: