Thursday 3 July 2008

Early morning inspiration?

Its 7.10 am - and I've been awake since 5.30 thanks to my back and the cats. I was hungry and thirsty so I got myself some water and quickly did some Ryvita and peanut butter( eat when you are hungry!) and took them back to bed. But I still couldn't settle so I've done some tidying in the bedroom . I am now up properly and having a proper breakfast after having something of a revelation.

I've realised I haven't been following Paul's programme in one important way. One of Paul's instructions is to get rid of all the low fat, low sugar, and sugar free foods. I didn't. I still have sweetener in my coffee and sugar substitute on my cereal. But if I want sweet things, could this be my bodies way of tellig me I need the sugar for some energy? Maybe I will feel less tired if I have sugar ? Could it be that simple?

So I am going to ditch the sweeteners and subsitutes for a time. Weetabix with strawberries and sugar tasted better and had a better texture than the same breakfast with Canderel.

I will stick with this and see how it goes and how I feel. Looking it at from the old viewpoint of calorie counting, the extra sugar isn't a massive amount of calories.

Watch this space!

No comments: