Monday 7 July 2008

Longest day at work so far

Today I worked from 9.00 until 3.30 ish, and did 1 ward visit - to the CCU which has 9 patients. It felt very strange to be back on a ward. And I was struggling a little with technology as I had to try and use the PICS system. I spent the rest of my time in the dispensary and I know I've done it. I've tried to envisage coping with the 32 bedded NNU and at the moment its laughable.

On the plus side food wasn't a problem. I stil need to slow down a bit more while I'm eating, but I'm eating when I'm hungry and not overeating. I aso drank water today in the dispensary. I relaxed and listend to the tape last night, and I felt good when I looked at mysefl in the mirror first thing this morning. I do feel positive about how I am coping not only with the golden rules but with work and I feel I have a lot to be proud of. I did use the car today so the excercise was down - but I have learnt I need to be aware of my limits and I felt walkign would be a bit to much. Anyway I had to take the car to get petrol so I would have driven it at some point today.


I've resisted the temptation to weigh myself - mainly becasue I'm so convinced I won;t have lost any and I don;t want to get discouraged. SWven if I don't lose much weight it will stil be a success if I feel better in myself.

I don't really feel THAT psotive if I'm honest - but a lot of that is due to tiredness - and nerves about Thursday when Steve goes to the probate office.

Tommorrow I am going to make an effort to find one thingI can eb relaly positive and confident about and concentrate on that.

No comments: