Saturday 19 July 2008

Saturday musings

I am tired. Fact. I would give a lot not t have to go to work today but there is no use crying over spilt milk. I would have been too tired to be good company at Darren's wedding, even if Tony had felt like going. I suspect I wouldn't have gone to the gender balance meeting either - but then I didn't plan for the trip to Wycombe when I signed up for that.

This mronign blog is seful to focus my thoughts on what needs to be done and what my priorities are. This weekend my priority is to relax. I know Monday morning will be here al too soon. I think Stephen (wh is coming over today) may find he has less time on the X-Box than normal as I intend to get in some serious time on Lost oddyssey. He'll survive!

I have noticed that I do automatically think about how my relationship with food is changing. One big thing I have noticed is that I no longer autmatically do myself some breakfast when I get up. If I'm not hungry I do other things (like this blog, or the washing up) first. Before I would always do breakfast first thing because I know its important to have breakfast. I haven't yet not felt hungry at all before I have to go out.

I have spent a lot more time thinking about my ideal job, and I am sure that teaching in some way (whether its teaching patients ,nurses,doctors or colleagues in the department) is part of it. I ennoy communicating. I am GOOD at communicating. But I have to beleive in what I am saying. I know I have to be clear about what I want when I go into the meeting with Emily and HR. They can't help me if I don't help them by being clear about my needs.

I also need to think long and hard about travel to work.For health finincail and environmrntal reasons I must set a limit to the days I use the car, and stick to it. I really would like to make use of my bike but I need more confidence - and some safety equipment. So I need to find some time to practice -once I can rescue the bike from the garage!

No comments: