Friday 1 May 2009

Supporting family

We had some very sad news yesterday. Mark (Tony's nephew) and Caroline had a baby a year ago born prematurely who sadly died a year ago today. She had another baby 3 months ago - also born prematurely who died yesterday.

I cannot imagine the trauma and gried they must be going through. I dont know them that well because Mark has been a bit of a wild child and Tony fell out with him when he stole money from Tony's grandmother. Also he and Caroline are shall we say playing the benefit system - something I dont approve of. But I wouldnt wish this tragedy on my worst enemy.

My main role in this is to be an agony aunt to Mark's Aunty Margaret (Tony's sister) who has for all sorts of reasons got very involved in all this. Also I think the Carol (Mark's mother) and Sheila (The babies great gransmother - Tomy's mother) may well need some support. Tony doesn't seem too affected by it and I guess his man concern will be Carol.

Its a good job I am an inveterate busy body who cant resist trying to help people isnt it!

Food went OK yesterday - although I have realised my water consumtion has dropped right off. I must make a renewed effort with that today.

Today I need to sort out a problem with Edna, try to get the decorating finished in Steve's main room (including getting some more paint) and I need to sort out the stuff for the car boot sale tomorrow.

I feel very tired still and I know if I was back to work next Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday) I would be seriously worried how I would cope. But actually I am not coping too badly with everything. I did my workut late yestertday (and got the comment form the Wii fit 'were you busy yesterday?' Yes I was!!! I've missed 1 day in 84! Its the best excercise schedule I've ever had) I will be doing my workout in a few minutes.

I have already had breakfast - I am slightly on auto pilot becasue I wasn't that hungry - but I have eaten it slowly and managed to leave some = so I've made a reasonable start today despite feeling tired - and I am certainly up early . Its not even 7.30 yet.

I have a lot to do today - but I have a plan in my head and that is always a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so heartbreaking :( I have lost 2 babies to miscarriage and one to an ectopic and I can't imagine the pain of losing a child you have born live