Sunday 17 May 2009

Frankie says Relax

And that is what I am going to do today. So here I am in bed with toast coffee, the laptop and various books - including 'psychic training for beginners' I do NOT think I am suddenly going to turn into a mindreader. But after my encounter with Carolyn I cant deny psychic powers exist. I believe the potential is there is all of us. This is something Paul alludes to in CYLI7D. So what I hope the book will do is enable to make use of whatever psychic potential I may have. Increasing my natural empathy may well be of use in dealing with Edna. But the main thing is I am getting to know myself better. And knowing yourself is the key to succesful weight loss.

Knowing what you really want to eat
Knowing when you are truly hungry
Knowing when you are full
Knowing when the hunger is emotional
Knowing how to deal with that emotion

And there is a hidden strand to Pauls programme - the bit where he gets you to feel happy with your body. That is the ultimate in self knowledge to know who you truly are. Not a bunch of figures you are inhappy with, but a person with the potential to do great things.

I have never been able to separate ICMYT from CYLI7D. For me, dealing with the unhappiness in my life due to my lack of self esteem was necessary to get me in the frame of mind where I could tackle my body image.

Losing weight is all about loving yourself enough to do it. My excursion into the paranormal is one of the ways I am loving myself.

I didnt have the binge banquet. Food went OK yesterday. I couldnt finish the dinner we had from the chip shop. I drank lots of water. I moved my body with the Wiifit. Although I did fail to do an island run. I tried but gave up at the end of the first sector. But you dont have to run to lose weight - you just need to walk an extra 2500 steps. Most of the excercise I do is more about staying flexible than anything else. But it all still uses calories and thats what counts.

So I am in a good frame of mind this morning - ready to deal with whatever life throws at me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally I find it amazing how much more I like my body and myself when i listen to the Paul CD