Saturday 16 May 2009

Good old Spark people

Your goals may not come easy. There is no accomplishment without work, and no "win" without something to beat. It's easy to get discouraged when roadblocks appear--in fact, it's only natural. You've invested time and emotion into creating the perfect plan, and then something has to come along and muck it all up. Sometimes, though, all you have to do to beat that barrier is to get back up and move forward again. Obstacles are like the Wizard behind the curtain--they're a lot less intimidating once you see them up close. Next time you take a step back, don't let guilt pile it on top of your previous "stumbles." Just take two steps forward and you're still farther along than you were before. It doesn't matter how many walls you face. You only have to get the better of that last one.

I know a lot about roadblocks!! One thing I know has changed has been the way I deal with problems and challenges. Instead of saying' why is life so unfair' I now say 'OK what can I do to solve this' Solving problems one at a time is the only way to deal with them

I am very tired today still and we havent gone to Burton. I'm not that unhappy about it. But I am worried about how tired I feel.One thing I have realised is I am VERY bad at relaxing. I listened to the CD this morning but my thoughts were racing a lot of the time. Most of it about whether I can cope with the hours I am working and what adjustments I can make to make it better.

If I cant relax properly I am always going to feel tired - so I need to deal with this. I need to keep practicing and improving my meditation technique. Find a good peice of music, find a mantra that suits me and practice practice practice......................

I ended up eating biscuits last night - bad move - but I didnt really binge - I just wasnt really hungry and I didnt eat them slowly.

I got up 6 hours ago and I have eaten a bacon sandwich a bowl of ceral and a banana. All eaten slowly all what I really wanted. I have alos drunk a fair bit - but not as much as I do at work. I still feel hungry. And that bothers me. I do feel stressed so is this emotional hunger?

I may just organise a 'binge banquet' for myself..................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you coming down with something Sally? I always feel tired and hungry days before getting sick