Friday 15 May 2009

Unintentional sabotage

Thas what I managed yesterday - and this morning I am paying the price.

I went straight from work to see Edna, so didnt get home until 6.30. This put my whole evening activities back and disorganised me. It was past 9 when I felt motivated to do 20 minutes free stepping. Why did I chose 20 rather than 10? The net rrsult was I went to bed with my adrenaline levels still high from the excercise - and that meant I had my worst nights sleep for ages. At least I am assuming the late burst of excercise was the cause of my insomnia.

Whatever the reason I am sitting here this morning feeling totally yuck. Nothing helped last night. I couldnt even settle enough for 'I can make you sleep' to help me

So I am sitting here thinking 'Doh!' How silly of me

The good news is food went really well yesterday despite all the running around. I was hungry while driving oveer to Ed's but managed to consume an orange. I always have fruit with me to eat. I really enjoy fruit. When I got to Efna's I was offerred some cake - which I accepted becasue I was still hungry and BOY did I enjoy that cake. When I got home we had dinner but all I had was one small baked potato and a tablespoon of ravioli - and I couldnt eat all of it. Barely touched it because after a couple of moutfuls I knew I was full. A bit later on I felt hungry again and relished some cheese and krisprolls. That was about 8.00. I didnt have anything else to eat until this morning . I started my breakfast about 7.00. It is now 7.15 and I havent eaten half of it yet - and it was only a small bowlful anyway.

I didnt manage Pauls CD this morning but I have listened to two of the weight management/self image meditations on the learning meditation site.

For the first time since starting the new job I am feeling a bit panicky about finding the time to do all the non work related stuff like the letter I need to write to the DWP for Edna. This is because tonight we are at Andy's and we will be at Burton for Beer n Pretzels all weekend, then on Monday I am back at work. I am thinking - when will I get time if I dont do it this morning? But am I really in the best frame of mind to compose an official letter this morning?

The truth is the letter doesnt need to be done until next week and I am being very silly.

OK today has not had a good start - but that doesnt mean I am a bad person, and it doesnt mean I need to comfort eat. So I am not going to - so there!!

Time to turn on the Wii fit I think, OK I suspect my scores will not be brillant - but the calories dont the difference between a good score and a bad score - they get burnt up anyway.

For someone still half asleep I am being very VERY positive and dtermined. Much more than I would have expected. I think the daily meditation is showing its benefits

No comments: