Thursday 7 May 2009

A much better day

Yesterday wasnt perfect by a long way - but I do feel mUCH better this morning than I did yesterday - despite the continuing hunger which is still with me as I make this entry! I think the hunger may IBS related. Like a lot of people with IBS I also siffer from heartburn. I have had a lot of heartburn recently -bad enough that I have out myself back on my medication. I think the heartburn is the source of the hungry feeling. So with any luck and a following a few days of Lansoprazole for the heartburn and Movicol for the complete lack of action at the other end of my intestines will solve the problem.

Of course stress is probably a large factor in all this and I amtaking steps to deal with my stress better. Last night I decided to try classic meditation (cross legged with a mantra) with no guidance as to how long I meditated for. I did 5 minutes which delighted me. I expected only to manage 2 or 3 minutes.

I had two bits of good news yesterday. One related to Edna and the other was an email from a locum agency advertisng a 3 -6 month placement of 20 hours a week - and they want a pharmacist with hospital experience. i rang up yesterday and they were supposed to ring me back - but didnt. I will ring them again this morning because if ever a locum position had my name on it its that one - unless the agency is inundated with hospital pharmacists who are not after full time work. I am trying NOT to get my hopes up - but it would ideal for me - and the timing is just right because I havent heard anything from either my old hodpital or the other agency,

My workout yesterday focussed more on yoga yesterday - and I think I will keep that emphasis for the time being. It fits with the idea of meditation and stress relief. Also the yoga keeps me flexible which at my age is important.

Food wasnt perfect - but not a total disaster. I have decided the next time I sert a Wiifit goal I will set a realy wimpy - then it will tell me when I have reached it and tell me to set a new one. So if I set a goal of a pound in 3 months I will basically eb told every time a lose a pound. It sounds like a plan to me!

I have a busy day today. I need to do some shopping, I am seeing Edna and her psychiatrist today, and then I am going to see my new godson for the first time. (Must remember the camera). I need to ring the agency about that placement and I would like a bath and a chance to relax with CYLI7D.

The guided meditations I found online at www.learningmeditation.com where very reminiscent of the stuff in Pauls trances. they even have weight loss meditations. But if I hadnt experienced Paul's programmes I dont think i would find them very useful. So I want to gen up on Pauls stuff as a basis for future meditations both guided by the site and unguided. The site medoyayions have the advantage of being short - the longest as 10 minutes. They fit into a busy day much easier than the 30 minute trances.

Bon voyage Sharon - hope the trip to Oz goes well. I will keep trying and keep blogging and will look forward to your comments when you are back online

Later........


After a soak with CYLI7D I was reminded that failure is what happens when you stop trying . I realised this could be applied to my weight loss goal. Essentially every time I fail I learn more about myself - and this increases the chance that I will succeed in the end. I found myself thinking - the secret of success is persistence. I came downstairs, opened my mailbox and found this from Sparkpeople

We keep hearing about how persistence is often the key to success. But what do you do when you've been striving for so long that it seems like your goal is never going to see light? How do you deal with the fear that you're about to fail? Simple. Give it just one more shot. And then one more. Think about the sweat and time you've committed already. You've come this far, you'd be unfair to yourself if you quit without a fight. Even if the odds are way out of your favor and you can't see how it can possibly help, reach out and take one last swing. You never know what will happen. Big, meaningful achievements don't just happen when everything goes your way. How many times have you seen tennis players make miraculous winning shots while lunging for a ball that seemed impossible to reach? Sometimes, you can find victory in the effort.

Someone is sending me a message - and I am istening with both ears - because this lesson can be applied in so many areas of my life.

I have just rung the agency - and the person who didn't ring me back DOES know I am interested in that placemnt and WILL get back to me. I have a good feeling about that placement. If its in South Birmingham I know its got my name on it

2 comments:

EuroRunner said...

I am going to check out those meditations when I get home - thank you

Thanks for the travel wishes too - having a great time but food wise for me is not good at all

Anonymous said...

oops that was from me - I am using my husbands laptop whilst in oz