Sunday 10 May 2009

The power of the mind

I had a great food day yesterday - and I can only attribute that to the amazing power of the mind as Paul's CD has become of my daily routine again.

Yesterday I could not finish my dinner. In fact half of my delicious pork steak with chinese marinade is in the fridge - along with the salad I also couldn't eat.

This morning I have already had 2 drinks , done a 15 minute workout and am only now sitting down to have my breakfast - which I am eating slowly.

Next weekend is the Beer 'n Pretzels gaming weekend. Gaming conventions always mean one thing - junk food. I can now contemplate without thinking 'Thats going to ruin my diet' I have the confidence that as long as I stick to Paul's golden rules I wont sabotage my goals.

I've got X-weighted on in the background and just seen how devastated the girl was when she had put on 3 lbs for one weigh-in - despite the fact that she knew she looked good and had a lot more confidence. She is now struggling with the final fitness and is now devastated because she hasn't reduced her time to complete it by much. Despite the fact that she does now weigh as lot less and looks and feels much better than when she first started the programme. That is a graphic illustration of why Paul advises us not to let ourselves be rules by numbers.

I will give the trainer credit. he has jst told her not to let one day wipe out all the progress she has made in 6 months.

She has just said 'I am sick of worrying about the number on the scales' QED

According to actuarial tables, and the Wii fit ,my ideal weight is 8st 7 lbs. My answer to that quite rude, 2 words the second being 'off'. Yes I would be delighted if I got down to that weight - but I know exactly what I want to do. I want to lose the fat round my hips. I want to be able to look in the mirror and NOT be reminded of a beached whale when I look at my hips.

2 comments:

Sally said...

They dont always agree - but sometimes Sparkpeople and Paul agree very closely. This is one of those times........

Playing to your strengths

It's tempting isn't it? It's so much easier to see what's wrong with yourself and your life than to take advantage of what's right. The problem is, too much focus on the negative can affect your attitude and opinion of yourself. It's a quick road to burnout. While it's important to pay attention to things you can improve, your best bet for a breakthrough lies in maximizing what you're already good at. The secret is to use those strengths to help boost yourself up where you need the help. What are your major talents? What do you have a special knack for? Set specific goals to improve those talents and don't fret as much about your weak spots. They'll get the extra help they need as you climb higher.

Anonymous said...

LOL i wonder what that first word is!

You have inspired me! I ran into the room and checked my ipod I bought with me and it still has the Paul track on it so I am going to start that tonight.

I have the overnight track that used to be on his website (before they took it off and starting charging for it)

If you decide you would like me to do the CD I can add this to it too