Wednesday 13 May 2009

Getting into a routine

I had a succesful meditation last night, and started my day today with the weight loss CD. The cats love my routine now because I get up and feed them before I settle down so I can guarantee they wont disturb me for that half hour.

Nothing to do with food directly - but I realised this morning as I walked downstairs that it has been weeks since I last hobbled downstairs one step at a time wincing with every step. I am not running like a gazelle - but I can walk down normally - if slowly. So the excercise routine is helping keep me flexible and mobile.

I managed 30 minutes of excercise yesterday including 3 very satsfying minutes of the boxing excercise. I am not doing so much stepping now. I reckon I get all the walking I need at work. It is at least 600 steps getting too and from the car to the department.


I did well with the golden rules yesteeday - not perfect but reasonable. I certainly drank more water both at work and overnight.

Yesterday the Wii fit asked me what I thought I weighed. I put in 14st which is too low. It told me I was almost spot on. I know the figure is too low - but it is reassuring that it isnt telling me I am massively underestimating my wwight. Next time I am going to put in about 13 and a half stone and see what it says. I think as long as you are within half a stone it will respond with being almost 'spot on' Is that cheating and breakig Paul's 'dont weigh yourself' rule?

The figures still worry me - I may as well admit that. I look at all the photos of me full body and cringe. Thats why my profile pics on FB dont show my body. I think I have to accept I dont love myself enough yet. The fantastic guided meditation I did last night may help me change that tho. I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL i actually think that is a great idea and not cheating at all