Thursday 21 May 2009

Oversleeping

I over slept this morning. When I finally realised what the stange noise in my dream was it was 06.42. The buzzer had been going for 12 minutes!!

This is SO unusual. It isnt a good start to the day. But here I sit bleary eyed sipping my coffee with no breakfast because I wasnt hungry - although now I am more awake I am starting to realise I am getting hungry. But even half alseep Paul's rules stuck. I wasnt hungry so I didnt do breakfast. Normally when I oversleep I go onto auto pilot and I would hvae automatically fone breakfast in a bit of a panic.

Food yesterday went OK even though I noe cant have my mug of water with me in the dispensary. I have been quietly told NO drinking in the dispensary at all. Also yesterday I didnt get lunch until 1.30 - by my choice to shorten the afternoon . I was hungrier than normal before I got my lunch but I want at the extreme of hunger. I re-read some of the book yesterday and I realise I've been panicling a little about this rule. The main intent is to stop you eating when you are NOT truly hungry. It is also meant to stop you using stravation diet tactics and revelling in the hunger (bben there done that) As ong as you never go to the extremes of the hunger scale you are doing OK I think. So I will now relax a little more about this rule and the problems causes by fixed work breaks. I dont get to ravenously hungery during the working day.

Oversleeping always puts me in a bad mood - I always feel as if I am rushing all day to catch up. Luckily I now have plnety of time in the mornings so I will be able to catch up with myself.

BTW one confession. yesterday I had one biscuit. I wasnt really hungry, and I cant say I enjoyed it much. I dont really know why I ate it. I am sure if I could work out why I opened the biscuit barrell I would learn something interesting about myself. But at least it stopped at one.

I have no idea whether I am going to get my workout done this morning or not - and tonight I am going to Ed's after work then straight on to the local branch meeting so I wont be excercising tonight either.

I HATE OVERSLEEPING - and I'm not sure why it happened. Is this a sign I am more tired than I think I am?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally is everything okay, your sleeping pattern seems erratic. Especially sleeping thru the alarm like that!

Well done on stopping at one biscuit.

Do you have iron deficiency or just exhaustion from all that travel and 30 hours of working?

Sally said...

You know I hadn't even considered anaemia. It might be worth checking that out.