Wednesday 6 May 2009

Improving

I managed to avoid bingeing on biscuits yesterday - hooray
I manged to take some decsions and act on them yesterday - hooray
I started meditation yesterday. I have decided it could be useful in a number rof ways. I have foubd a site that provides guided meditation and used it last night. I am aiming to do 10 minutes a day at least. Big hooray

So thats 3 cheers for me yesterday then - proving I'm not such a loser/ failure after all. It also shows I am still in charge of my life.

Apart from avoiding bingeing I didnt feel good about food yesterday - but now I am more in control I should do better today. But I went o bed hungry last night and I have woken hungry this morning. Last night I think was emotional hunger. This morning its real hunger so I'd better go and do something about it.

Later.........

I've been thinking about time. Recently there was an item in the news about some people who were promoting the idea of slowing down and NOT rushing around all day. I hope they suceed. Then time is a factor in how I feel about myself. I need to take time to eat my food slowly. I know I appreciate my food more when I have put time into preparing it. I have found time to do a daily workout. I now need to find time to meditate every day. I have given up full time work so I have time for Edna.............

I realised many months ago I found rushing to do things very stressful. I think this is why I feel pulled to the idea of meditation. Paul uses a quote he attributes to Ghandi ' I have so much to do today I will have to meditate twice as long '

I'm not sure where all this is going - but I am sure it is important.

I have eaten breakfast - slowly - but am still sitting here ravenously hungry. This muct be emotional hunger. I have just had coffee apple juice and 2 weetabix with a kiwi fruit and yoghurt. It cant be real hunger. So I must try to identify the emotion driving the hunger and deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - what site is it Sally? It sounds great.

Well done on a great day :)

Was it real hunger afterall?

Anonymous said...

Sally I am not going to have regular internet access during the next 2.5 weeks but I will try to pop in at some stage to say hi and see how your going :)
I hope your feeling better today
-xox-