Friday 22 May 2009

Visualisation

I find it very very hard to visualise myself at my ideal weight. I have sometimes wondered if this is why I havent had the dramatic success I hoped for with Paul's programme. But really I couldnt see how visualising myself would help. I may have to revise opinion.

Visualisation is something Paul uses a lot. I have alo disicovered other people reccomend the same technique. Its a kind of 'cosmic ordering'. Visualise what you want strongly enough and you somehow tune in to a cosmic awareness (code named God by religious people) and you will get what you need.

Both Paul and another writer used the example of people who had success visualising parking places. Parking my car at RHH has been a problem so yesterday I decided to visualize a parking space for me at the hospital car park. A space emptied in front of me and I was able to drive in without even having to stop and wait for the space to clear. I am going to try and visualise another space being available this morning. Yersterday may have been coincidence - but it was very spooky the way it happened. So although I cant really visualize myself 4 stone lighter, I am going to tell the 'cosmic awareness' that I want to weigh less than 14st - and see what happens.

It cant hurt and as {aul says ' you get more of what you focus on'

I did so much running around yesterday . My schedule was work, Edna,meeting then home. Eating was done on the run although there was a measl provided at the meeting. I regret to report I wasnt THAT hungry when I got to the meeting but still got a plate of food. I am however pleased to report that I left half of it.

My excercise has taken a knock over the past few days with my stomach upset and then oversleeping on my day with such a busy schedule yesterday. I've only manage 15 minutes or so on the Wiifit. But I did make sure my 15 minutes was proper workout (muscle and aerobic) rather than yoga. I am going to try and fit in more than 20 minutes this morning.

I have made time to listen to the CD this morning.

So things are not perfect but I am not giving up

Persistence is the key to success

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I used this too after watching the secret. mat laughed at me but it worked!

I am not surprised you have cut back on exercise...life sounds exhausting.

ps: I am awful if I oversleep, grumpy and I feel lethargic and slow - forgot to say that on the last post comment