Sunday 1 March 2009

A landmark day

Well today is my birthday. Tommorrow I no longer have a reguar income from work - only a ension that I muct work to supplement. Tomorrow is the first day of my new life.

I've given myself a day off today, eating all the wrong things and not doing muc excercise. Of course you can't cheat on Pauls system - but I have been eating when I'm not hungry and I know I'm comfort eating. Edna is getting worse, Steve got quite upset when we visaited her today becasue almost the first thing she said to him was that his father had been there. Since he s utight about the aporaching first anniversary of his fathers death this was the last thing he needed to hear. I am worried about him. I think all we can do is take it one day at a time until we get past Wednesday. I will be SO glad when its the 5th and the anniversary will be over.

Steve was too tired to stay and eat with us today so we are going to have a takeaway on Friday.

I have to say this hasn't been the best birthday I have ever had - but I didn't expect it to be a riot of fun under the circsumstances.

So my new life isn't getting off to a very auspicious start. But I still have a clear idea of where I want to end up and I am still ready to grasp any opportunities that come my way so I may be down at the moment - but I am NOT out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Before I forget Sally - my run took 3 and a half hours! I am very very slow and always have been. It used to bother me, but I just enjoy my pace nowadays.

Sometimes you just need to allow yourself to make the choice to comfort eating - there is no/ hardly any guilt that way and it's easier to get back on track.