Saturday 14 March 2009

A weekend to relax (I hope)

Dissappointingly both Tony and I showing signs that we may be overdoing the Wiifit. Tony has a painful knee ans my back is twinging more. So I am going to cut back a bit.

Food yesterday was OK ish. I did some snacking with garlic and parley toasts while watching Comic Relief but otherwise I was pretty good with food. I have a problem at the moment with that gmawing awful emotional hunger but I am keeping it under control - sort of. I am certainly not eating to satisfy it. It does mean I am finishing my meals rather than leaving some on the side of plate - but my pertions are smaller now anyway

I find I am still using tricks learned from calorie counting. So at the moment I am muching some toast and marmalade - but I didn't put butter on the toast. I can enjoy the taste just as much without butter (or light olive oil spread which is what I use instead). Its all very well for Paul to say throw out the low calorie low fat stuff - but more important than trying to lose weight is eating healthily. So cutting out saturated fat, eating whole grain foods and getting 5 portions of fruit and veg a day are important in my diet. But I do sometimes wonder if I am going mad on cutting out fat - which does have an important role in satiat.....sati.......argghhhh ...making you feel full!

I do beleive I can lose weight - but I suspect it will be eaiser when I am back at work - as long as I can still stick to the basic rules of eating when you are hungry. If your lunch break isn't until 1.00, you can't do much about it if you feel hungry at 12.00. But I do dtill beleive I WILL lose weight.

According to the the actuary tables (and the Wii fit) my ideal weight is 8 st 7 lb - to which my answer is 'get real' That means I need to lose 6 stone which aint gonna happen. I once got below 10 stone and had people expressing concerns that I looked ill. If I could get to aorunf 11st I would ne happy. 10 st and I would be delerious. And I beleive I can acheive that at a steady 1lb a week if I am sensble and careful. Pauls rules help me to be sensible about what I eat and put me in right frame of mind to take sensible excercise as well . Its a no braioner really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good move on listening to your body Sally, I guess I can say that now that I have just done the same thing :)

I do the same with vegemite, I don't worry about the marg or butter as i know it tastes good

That sounds so much like me, I get to 63kg (not sure of the conversion) and people comment on how gaunt I look, yet my ideal weight is supposed to be around 20lbs lighter than that! Who writes these things!?!

Anonymous said...

ps: hope you got to relax :)