Thursday 26 March 2009

Getting settled in

I am getting settled in to a new routine. However things have slightly marred by me ciming down with a cold. I just hope it doesn't amount to much. I have a dry tickly throat, watery eyes and a slightly blocked nose. It seems I have been away from QE for long enough to lose immunity. This feels very like 'new starter' illness. Ah well .

I rrally do love my Macbook. It is so small and has such a long battery life it is totally practical to do what I am doing this morning. I woke early and rather than get up I have brought coffee and laptop back to bed so I can do things.

I continue to be bouyed up by the way people greet me at QE if they haven't seen me for a long time. If Emily wanted to keep me at QE I do think it would be OK. I think the depression I felt on Monday was just tiredness. Everyone seems to assume that I will be kept on in some way - but I will just have to wait and see. I am quite looking foreward to the challenge of the next 2 days - 5 wards single handed.

I did 30 minutes free stepping yesterday evening so I am keeping my average up at well over 30 minutes. I haven't missed a day in 7 weeks - and I do feel the benefit in my back and my knees. I am much less creaky. Bending down to pick up the cat bowls first thig used to be painful.Now I don't notice it.

I just hope I can use visualisations to help me deal with this pesky cold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling better now.