Thursday 12 March 2009

A morning routine

I'm managing better this morning. I was up at 6.45, did 20 minutes on the Wii fit ( 3 yoga , 2 muscle and an island lap with a burn rate of 247%) and am now eating breakfast (bran flakes with fresh pineapple with virtually fat free natural yoghurt) and a mug of decaf coffee. I had coffee before I excercised and managed to fit in some chores (loading the dishwasher and some laundry stuff) as well and it is just 7.30.

If I was going to work I would be well on track for an 8.15ish departure. A lot depends on where I may end up working as to whether that would be good enough.

I am having trouble eating slowly because I am so hungry.

I did fantastically with the slow eating yesterday. In fact I left almost a quarter of my dinner uneaten last night. But I indulged in some major comfort eating yesterday evening. I think the fallout from the sugar rush is one reason why I feel so hungry this morning. I took 2 cereal bars to bed with me and ate them both while I read before going to sleep.

The reason I was comfort eating is that yesterday I was told Edna has been officially diagnosed as having dementia - and from the treatment reccomended I am sure it is Alzheimers and I am shell shocked. I will be talking to the doctor later about what this may mean in terms of her long term care . I genuinely never suspected she could have Alzheimers. I am now taking a crash course in its diagnosis and treatment so I am well armed to talk to her doctors.

I haven't told Steve yet and I am dreading it.

But I am still going to go and see Rachel today and take her out to lunch. I have been looking forward to that since Sunday. I just hope Rach doesn't cancel - but at 8 months pregnant anything is possible. Thanks to Pauls programme and eat what I want at lunch without feeling I am 'cheating' on the diet.

I have finished my ceral and I still feel dreadfully hungry. I need to work out if it is real or emotional hunger - but visions of toast are tempting me. I suspect I will be munching again within 15 minutes.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Well I am munching agsain but not within 15 minutes so I guess that is some sort of victory. Also having just seen Steve's FB status I have decided NOT to tell him Edna's diagnosis at the moment. What can he do even he knows? It will increase his worry and stress to no useful purpose

Anonymous said...

woah that's early!

Your breakfast sounds yummy. nI might give that a try, do you have milk too or just the yoghurt?

uh huh! You do have a dishwasher LOL I knew it!!

I am sorry about Edna's diagnosis. Have you told Steve? how did he take the news?

Is Rachael your daughter? your going to be a nanna!?

this is exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just read your message about not telling Steve. sorry about that.