Saturday 21 March 2009

Retail therapy

Today I am going shopping with Steve. DFS have sent us some vouchers for discounts on furniture and Steve has decided he might as well take a look and se if can anything good for his house. I may also bag a bargain if I see one. A decent coffee table maybe? Then I need to go a buy flooring for the new bathroom and a new mirror. I looked at the old wooden frames one yesterday and decided it wouldn't do for my smart new room. So I have things to look forward to. And getting the house sorted out is part of my master plan.

Food went OK yesterday although it deteriorated in the evening a bit. On the whole I am sticking to Paul's rules. I have tired looking for lunch box recipes but not much luck so far. I will probably take a filled pitta on Monday so I can prepare that on Sunday to save a bit of time Monday morning. Thanks to Abel and Cole I have a weird selection of vegetables available . Celeriac, beetroot and jerusalem artichoke. I am going to use them somehow for dinner on Sunday. I am sure using different ingredients and having to think of different to do with them is good for me in a number of ways. I am also sure the variety of taste keeps food from being boring and helps keep me on target with my eating. Boredom is a huge reason why I would quickly fall off a traditional diet or meal replacment system.

I have done my workout . Clocking up 15 minutes on the Wiifit takes just over 20 minutes so I know I have a routine that I will have time tro do on work mornings. But jogging is definitely off the menu for the moment. I will stick with doing 20 minutes free stepping in the evenings as my aerobic section.

I think I might try and get a pedometer to keep track of how much walking I do round work as well.

The reflective piece from Sparkpeople was basically saying that cheating isn't a good way to acheive anything and that anything really worth acheiving is worth the effort to do it properly. Cheating on a fitness programme is an excercise in futility . You are the only one who knows - and you are the only one that suffers. But I have other goals where I need to remember that hard work birngs its own reward. Mum always told me that a job worth doing is worth doing well. It was good advice then and its good advice now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never tried celeriac and artichoke. There is not a huge veggie selection here but I am determined to try some new tastes when I get home to Australia at the end of the year.