Wednesday 18 March 2009

A new source of inspiration





Setting goals is easy. The tough part is putting time and hard work into realizing those dreams. The energy you are willing to put forth to reach your dreams is directly related to the probability of achieving them. Above all, be patient with the situation and with yourself. Don't lose your way by being blinded by disappointment, frustrations, and failures. Ponder the goals in your life and the obstacles you might face. Make appropriate plans to overcome those roadblocks even before they occur. Think of the reward of reflecting on a goal you have reached, rather than one you failed to see through. Most big dreams involve big effort!

I came across a site the other day while searching for a list of calorie values when I did my retrospective the other day. I found a site and signed up for some of the newsletters on fitness. Today the above quote landed in my in box along with the reccomendation to ponder about it and reflect on it in the personal journal I am supposed to keep on their site.

I decided it was worth putting in here to remind myself how true it is. It is almost pure McKenns.

I have set goals, I am working towards them. This morning I am so tired and achy I haven't attempted top be up dressed and ready at a time that would get me to work. But I won't be lounging eound in my dressing gown untol 11.00 as I would have done last week. So I haven't failed in this weeks goal. In fact I acheived a lot towards other goals this week (I am juggling a lot of issues at the moment)

I am going to do soem yoga this morning. I think uscle workouts may be off the agenda though. I still have gardening and skip filling to do. I think that will give me enough of a workout today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to know what site that is from

Sally said...

www.sparkpeople.com