Monday 2 March 2009

Its a good new bad news sort of day

In fact its turned into a right sh^t of a day.
Good news is as follows
The mump sum is in my accunt . I have paid off the one remaining big credit card bill, paid off a lump sum on the loan we had for the holiday club, gave Tony a small bonus and done my best to reduce my outgoings. The total owed for the holiay club as less than I thought so I am going to have far more money left than I thought. I wil use it wisely!!

The lcum agency think they can find lots of hosital work for me at 27.00 per hour. I can't see Lloyds coming close to that figure so it looks as if I will be locumming for the forseeable future. I'm betting QE?SOH will want to keep me on.

Bad news

I've had an argument over the phone with a doctor who tried to tell me and the nurses Edna was fit for discharge. I gave him both barrells and later when saw the sister she said she was so glad I did. She also said I was right to contact PALS about it

Edna was poorly today, on oxygen, and in one of her moods. She accused me of breaking promises, of trying to dump her, of not visitig her so I cut my visit short. He chest souned bad so I'm wondering if she has a chest infection. Thats is all she needs at the moment

Annoying news is that Tony is doing so well with the Wii fit. He looks visbly thinner - whereas I just look like a fat lump still. I'm dreading the body test this week. I'm sure I will have put weight on.

Lets face it - I'm nt happy today for all sorts of reasons - but I've tried hard with food and I've not only done a 20 minutes free jog but I did 30 minutes free step as well. And we walked to Norhfiled this afternoon.

I'm too down to be rational about things .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having worked in hospitals and general practice for many years I also know that Dr is not always right.

Hey wow great news about the money

I am sorry you feel like that. I find it frustrating that Mathew has dropped 10kg lately whilst I never seem to lose any :(

Sally said...

Glad I'm not alone with souses losing weight. Tony looks great for it. he's only lost a couple of Kg - but he wasnt that overweigt to start with. Grrr Never mind I'll get there!!