Saturday 28 March 2009

Thoroughly fed up

I did the Wii fit body test today and according to it I have put ON weight. Not much but I certainly haven't lost the 4 1lb I need to have lost to acheive my goal. I could cry. OK it told me that this body test was 4 hours earlier in the day than my last and that this could affect the result. And I know that from my old dieting days anyway. The books always said to weigh yourself at the same time each day same clothes blah blah blah.

However I dress it up in 7 weeks I have stayed static Something is going wrong and I have to identify where. Obviosuly I have been dishonest with myself somewhere along the line because my calories in roughly equal calories out despite the increase in excercise so I have got to identify where the calories in are too much and how to deal with it.

I was on the right lines when I said yesterday I tought I needed to go back to basics with Paul's programme. I know the programme works. Clearly in some way I am not following the programme. What is worse I am fooling myself that I am.

The good news is my Wii fot age has come down from 46 ro 42 so the fitness workout is having an effect and I am still pretty fit for my age.

I will try the body test again tommorrow but this time at the same time as I did it before and se what sort of a difference it makes. It says it can make up to 3lb - and I know the Wii fit isn't that sensitive to small weight changes .

I am dissappointed but not giving up

3 comments:

Sally said...

This timely piece of advice came into my mailbox today.

Do you ever get frustrated because things are moving too slowly in your life? Many people don't realize that building a foundation for success does not happen overnight. It is a slow process in which you are constantly working and learning. After all, that foundation must remain strong, even in times of failure or crisis. This takes time! You may have to remind yourself that "failing" is only failure if you quit; otherwise it's a learning opportunity. So don't worry if your life seems to be moving in slow motion. Concentrate on building a solid foundation and learning from your back steps.

OK so I haven't lost weight. But I am laying foundations for a healthier lifestyle

Anonymous said...

I have decided to stop weighing totally.

Your certainly laying foundations for a healthier lifestyle

Sally said...

Paul is anti weighing. He allows it every 2 weeks if you MUST - but would prefer the scales to be banished. Go with whatever works for you