Tuesday 10 March 2009

Establishing a routine

I have decided I need to start establishing a routine that I can follow when I am working. So today I was up before 7, fed the cats (can't ignore them !) made myself a drink but no breakfast( because I wasn't hungry) an turned on the Wiifit. I have clocked up 30 minutes excercise with Yoga (I am concerned about flexibility as I get older) 1 muscle (rowing squat 45 reps) because it is good for my back (I have a rather dicey one and had surgery on it 15 or so years ago) and a short run. I think when I am back at work I need to stick to 15/20 minutes in the morning because I also want to try and find some me time in the mornings to nurture my spiritual side which I need to do to keep myself mentally in shape

Taking 15 minutes for some visualisations (how slim I am going to look, how fantastic my day at work is going to be etc) or some meditation has got to be good.

I am now eating breakfast because the excercise worked up an appetite and I am eating it slowly. Whether I will be leaving any is debatable because I am now VERY hungry but I will try.

I am looking forward to the fact that today I am not visiting Edna. Tony and I are plannig on going to town . But even if we don't go I am not going to go to the hospital. I realy REALLY need a day without trying to deal with her fantasies. Yesterday she said someone had said I was trying to do her in. I ended up almost shouting at her - in the ward. I think sometimes she has to push me away to prove to herself that I will come back and that I am NOT going to abandon her. But I am now totally unclear whether she is just very confused or very manipulative or possibly a combination of both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really need to organise my time too as I never seem to get around to the visualisation or meditation! You reminded me of it.

I hope it doesn't sound bad but even I can see that you NEED a break from Edna. I hope you enjoyed your day off.

Has she shows signs of manipulation like that before? what was she like before she became ill?