Sunday 29 March 2009

Coping with a cold and stress

My cold has come out full tilt over the weekend. Blocked nose, sneezes the full monty. So I haven't really felkt like excercising much. But I did do 30minjtes free stepping yesterday. And I MAY do something tonight.

The stress is the obvious source (see my OTHER blog )

But this morning I did the body test again - this time at about the same time as I did it a couple of weeks ago. I have lost a 1lb and my Wii fit bosy age is now 36. So I am doing something correct.

Food today has been funny becasue of my cold. I did myself breakfast when I got up - then decided I wasn't hungey and didn't eat it. A bit later when Tony was awake I had a bacon and egg sandwich - and loved it. I even left some of it.

I did have a larhe chocolate cookie after I got home from the hospital - but I was hungry, it was what I wanted and I ate it slowly. Dinner was beef with all the trimmings and I couldn't finish my dinner.

I have been eating slowly - but I think I have been eating when I wasn't really hungry. How much my lack of hunger is due to my cold I don;t know. But I do feel I have learned a valuable lesson over this wekend.

Having left half my dinner I am still peckish - but I dont want the dinner. When I know what I want - I will get it.

I am so glad I don;t have to work beyond 3.30 anymore. If I was still woring full days I know I wouldn;t make it tommorrow. As it is I know I will mange until 3.30. No doubt Edna's discharge will bring a new domension into my week - regiular trips toMosley (12 miles round trip) will take longer than tvisiting her in hospital. But that will be the final part of my new life falling into place I suppose.

All in all depsite the cols I DO feel in control of things - and vert pleased by both the weight loss and my falling Wii fit age. So I actually feel I am coping quite qell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry the cold is sticking around :(