Tuesday 31 March 2009

The golden rules re-visited

The boost I got yesterday when I realised I HAD actually lost a fair amount of weight got me thinking abput Paul's rules again. I think I need to take a look at how well I am following them.

Eat when you are hungry - well derrrr! simple to say AND do. And even if you are resticted by break times this isn't that difficult .

Eat what you want. Again this is fairly easy. I was hungry when I had my coffee break so treated myself to a chocolate brownie. When I had my lunch about an hour later I could only eat one of my sandwiches. The other is still in the fridge for another day! And instead of the spaghetti bolognaise I had originally suggested for dinner we had corned beef and bubble and squeak. I realised I didn't really fancy spag bol. If I hadn't chnaged my mind I wouldn't have really enjoyed the meal and I would have eaten it too fast.

Eat slowly. This can be tricky when you are on a tight schedule. But although I suspect paul would say I am still eating too fast, I am eating slower than I used to - a LOT slower. But weating slowly is impossible unless you are truly enjoying your food.

Stop before you are full and leave some food on the plate. This is a tough one especially when you are NOT in a position to eat something haf an hour or an hour later due to work schedules. But I always have fruit with me as a quick snack - and I always enjoy fruit.

Monday evenings is games evening. I do have a tendency to snack so biscuits and a packet crips did get eaten - and if I'm honest I wasn't really hungry - but I did eat them slowly.

I think my feeling that weight loss will happen easier now I am back at work is right. I have been counting steps as I walk around the hopsital and I easily clocked up over a 1000. Add in the 2000 I take getting too and from the car to the shuttle bus and the 2400 I clock up on the free stepping and I am WAY over Pauls suggested 2500 steps (the difference between the average steps fat person and a thin person)

I think I am doing OK. And work is helping not hindering my drive for health.

Anway I am staring at the not quite empty cereal bowl and realising I will be late for work if I don't start getting dressed soon. So the cereal bowl will NOT be cleared and I must go and shower

No comments: