Wednesday 11 March 2009

Organisation

OK I know partly its because I'm still playing with the Mac - but I really haven't been as organised this morning as I need to be. My goal for tommorrow is to make sure I am up dressed excercised and had breakfast (not necessarily in that order) by 8.00 at the latest. I need to prove to myself that I can combine work with the excercise and careful eating that I know I need to stay fit and lose weight.

This morning I was up at 7.00, did 27 minutes on the wiifit (inlcuding an island lap that I thought would be bad but got a record burn rate of 220%) had coffee and then made myself breakfast (scrammbled eggs, beans and toast) with another coffee. That took me until nearly 8 so sadly I need to cut down the time I spend on ther Wiifit or get up VERY early.

I have had no quiet time at all. This blog helps me focus my thoughts but once I start writing I find it difficult to stop and blogging in the morning is a seriously good way to ensure I end up late for everything!

I know I need organisation to make sure I can eat in accordance with Paul's rules. Rushing in the morning is not conducive to eating slowly. Rushing in the morning means if I fancy something cooked, I probably don't have time to do it so end up grabbing a bowl of cereal. And eating slowly is easier when you are eating something you REALLY want.

But I am good at organisation and systems so I know I will get this worked out.

Although I had a cooked breakfast (and enjoyed it) I still felt hungry when I'd finished it. I didn't however grab something else to eat. And as I sit here now I am aware that my stomach feels almost leaden. The 'hunger' I am feeling is emotional. So I need the quiet time to deal with my emotional needs.

I'm not at work today. I can take the time I need. When I am at work I think I need to utlise my journey time in some way either to excercise and/or to do some meditation. Walking to Selly Oak would be a VERY useful habit to get back into. And I think I need to get my old bike out and see if I can make some use of that.

Plans plans plans...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay on the island lap!

Sally I get that emotional hunger too. It's weird as I never used to notice it when dieting - or maybe I thought it was real hunger..anyway...the paul method has really helped me understand my body more and some things still amaze me....