Friday 20 March 2009

Too much too soon?

Oh dear I feel very sluggish this morning. I haven't attempted to get ready to a work schedule. I couldn't get out of bed until neraly 7.15. That would leave me enough time to get to work but it would be such a rush. This time next week though I will have no coice about getting up and going to work. So I need to be sensible about things.

I have done more this week than I have tried to do for some time. A lot of it has been very physical activity and I ache and I am tired. But to be fair working is not going to be as physically tiring as filling that rubbish skip was so I should be able to get through the week without too many problems as long as I am sensible.

Much as it grieves my eco friendly heart I will have to use the car and not try to walk to work. It would be too tiring. I will think about getting a bus rather than using the car; but to get a reliable bus will still need me to walk about a mile on each journey getting to/from the bus stop at each end of the journey. I will see how I feel about that when I have got over the first week. Even using the car I will still be walking nearly half a mile to get from the car to the shuttle bus . (Parking in/around QE site is impossible) . I actually counted my steps from my normal parking postion to the ward yesterday. It came out at 1000 one way. The shuttle bus stop is about 800 stpes I reckon. But that basically is ther shortes walking option I have to get to work. Even that will leave me doing 1600 steps on top of a day at work which will involve a lot of walking and standing. No the more I think about it, the more I see using the car is my only realistic option next week until I see how I cope with the work.

I need to start thinking about my lunches next week and getting stuff ready so all I have to do is grab something from the freezer. I would like to tfind things more imaganative than sandwiches or packet soup. Pre-prepared lunches is one area where 'Eat what you really want' falls down a bit. I will enjoy myself today looking for lunchbox recipes to provide a variety of meals. It will be a chance for me to have vegetarian stuff - and use the veg we are NOT currently eating because I am not cooking for dinner. Mind you I will cook tonight. 2 days of salad at the moment is probably enough!

I have just realised how much I will enjoy the recipe hunt. Food is now my friend not my enemy. Thank you Mr McKernna!!!

The Wii fit told me last night that someone (and it must have been Tony!) had told it I was looking slimmer. I just hope he really meant it and wasn't just saying it to make me feel better. But even if he WAS just trying to make me feel good - it shows how much he cares about me. Awww that gives a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

So far this morning I have drunk a large glasss of water and a mug of coffee. I have eaten a smallish breakfast and can't finish it becasue I am full. I will turn on the Wiifit soon. I have a plan in my mind for things to do today.

I was feeling despondent when I started this entry. But making the entry has made me think about things, and I do now feel much more positive. I know blogging about Edna in my other blog helps me. And I know keeping this an Edna free blog helps me keep Edna in her own compartment and stops her invading the whole of my life.

Blogging rocks!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is one thing I love - the freedom to be friends with food. It's fantastic!