Friday 27 March 2009

Feeling lousy

The threatened cols has turned into a real one with a blocked nose and a temperature. Yesterday I ended up snacking on biscuits so I don;t feel too pleased with myself. But one bad day isn't going to ruin everything. And I am unsure where sucking thraot sweets fits into the plan - calorie wise awful - but they did help me feel better.

I have decided to go RIGHT back to basics with Pauls programme and slow my eating right down. It has speeded up although it is still nowhere as fast as it used to be. So I am going to concentrate on that aspect for a few days. I also need to drink more water. That is the other thing that has slipped. Everything else is going well.

I always knew going back to work would put a strain on my adherence to the programe. Eating when you are hungry doesn't fit well into a day when you have to have your lunch break at a set time. And I hasve scuppered mytself a little by only taking a 30 minute lunch break. But I will cope. The ggod news is QE already want me for an extra week and Emily is sure they will want to keep me on after that as well. My total income after tax now I am retired is going to be HIGHER than my income when I was working full time.

This morning I do NOT feel like rushing around. But I have done a 15 minute workout (Yoga and muscle) I am eating my breakfast SLLLOOOOOWWWLLLLYYYYY. Mind you tasting it at the moment is a bit tricky I will concentrate on doing the essentials to get myself ready for work

Jane (my sister) suprised me yesterday. She is folllowing my Alzheimer blog so she knows what is going on and knows I am under pressure. She sent me a book by Jonathon Aitken of all people called 'Psalms for people inder pressure' I was very touched .

Obliquely that gesture made me reflect on my ideas of how people see me and I realise I still have a problem with my self image - but I will deal with that in time. When I am condifent my OUTER image is slimmer I know it will be easier to get my self image into line

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice you were more hungry before getting sick? this is something I noticed since stopping dieting. It amazes me.