Sunday 31 January 2010

Coping with food and stress

I have been doing that today - and I have been managing fairly well. No doubt I am still on a high after yesterdays seminar.

But things (apart from the car and the fact that I am still shaken ) have gone well today.

I have used that yes/no technique to help me make food choices and I found cereal, bread, and caffeine were out. Fruit yoghurt rice cakes and fruit tea were in. But I did get a positive for yorkshire pudding with dinner - so it doesn't seem to be total 'no' for wheat. I did get a positive for porridge and rice. But pasta was a negative. Mind you that is just today of course. Things may change tomorrow. It will make choosing my lunch interesting every morning thats for sure.

I have managed to eat really slowly. I left some of my dinner on my plate and I haven't been able to finish the orange I had for desert.

I have had a stroke of luck on the job front too. I have a FB 'friend of a friend' who turns out to be a headhunter in pharmacy - and she thinks she has a client who may be interested in me despite the short hours I want to work.

I was whinging yesterday about my poor self image and was in a 'nobody loves me' state. One side effect of the car crash has been that I have received proof that people DO care about me. the number of people who have expressed concern has been heart warming.

I have even exercised today. Not a lot - but anything is better than nothing.

So I really can't complain too much

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sounds like things are looking up!